Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Review: If I Stay

Title:  If I Stay 
Author:  Gayle Forman


     From GoodReads, "In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen-year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...
A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make—and the ultimate choice Mia commands."


      I have wanted to read this book for a long time and am wondering why it took me so long!  Let me just tell you...I read this book in two hours!  
     I love the main character Mia, she is such a likable high schooler.  I love kids that have their ducks in a row.  Another thing I liked is the whole out of body situation.  I have always wondered if this was possible so it was fun to hang out with Mia and play what if. I can’t image what Mia is going though.  She had a great family and to make this huge decision would be very difficult.  Should I stay or go.  The relationship between Adam and Mia is very mature.  I really think they have true love.  This book left me hanging in the end, but in a good way!  The second book, Where She Went comes out in April and I can’t wait to find out what happens next!!!  Great story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books We Love!