Sunday, January 9, 2011

Review: 13 to Life

Title:  13 to Life
Author:  Shannon Delany


     From GoodReads, "Everything about Jessie Gillmansen’s life changed when her mother died. Now even her hometown of Junction is changing.  Mysterious dark things are happening. All Jessie wants is to avoid more change. But showing a hot new guy around Junction High, she’s about to discover a whole new type of change. Pietr Rusakova is more than good looks and a fascinating accent—he’s a guy with a dangerous secret. And his very existence is sure to bring big trouble to Jessie’s small town.  It seems change is the one thing Jessie can’t avoid…"


     I will just tell you this is one of those books that will keep you up at night, keep you from household chores or you can’t wait to get home to start reading again!  I really enjoyed reading this book and am so excited for the second one, Secrets and Shadows, that comes out in about a month.


     If your like me I am getting a little burnt out on paranormal and vampire books and have been craving a love story with normal people again.  So when a student recommended I read 13 to Life, I was reluctant, but decided to take a chance.  I read nearly the whole book before the paranormal part came into play.  By then I was so addicted to the characters and story it didn’t bother me a bit.  I absolutely love the main characters.  Jess Gillmansen is high school girl that I probably would have hung out with.  She is the outdoors type, not a lot of fluff and just real!   Pietr Ruskova, the new kid in school, is the mysterious type that you shouldn’t like, but can’t help it.  This book has forbidden love, suspense, mystery and romance.  I highly recommend this book and anxiously await the second one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books We Love!