Saturday, March 6, 2010

Review: Isabelle's Boyfriend

Title: Isabelle's Boyfriend
Author: Caroline Hickey


From GoodReads, "WHAT DO YOU DO IF THE GUY OF YOUR DREAMS IS SOMEBODY ELSE’S BOYFRIEND?
Taryn has found the perfect guy. Epp is tall, athletic, handsome, and best of all, she is sure he likes her, too. There’s only one problem: He’s dating someone else. But when Taryn becomes friends with Epp’s beautiful girlfriend, Isabelle, her life begins to change. New friends, movie dates, and a first kiss—life couldn’t get any better, could it? Except that Epp is still Isabelle’s boyfriend. Girls will relate to Taryn’s sincerity and humor as she tries to balance family, friendship, and, of course, romance."

This is a great book to curl up with a blanket and a cup of hot chocolate on a cold winter's day.  I thought Caroline Hickey did a nice job of putting a new twist on the typical love triangle.  I liked that the main character, Taryn, wasn't one-dimensional and I liked her despite her character flaws. I think a lot of teenagers that want to be a part of the popular crowd and would do anything to get there will relate to Taryn and her choices.  I also thought that all of the characters had strengths and weaknesses that made them very realistic.  I also liked that the book didn't end in the way that I expected it to and I respect the author's decision to do it in this way, which added believability to an already terrific story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books We Love!