Sunday, February 21, 2010

Review: Hush, Hush

Title: Hush, Hush
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick

From Shelfari, "For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan.
She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her.
Not until Patch came along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment.
But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure who to trust.
Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends.
She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide.
And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life."

I purchased the audio book version in an attempt to do something more productive on a recent long car ride. I enjoyed the book so much that when I reached my destination and realized that I would be unable to listen to the book inside my hotel room, I made an emergency trip to a nearby Barnes and Noble.

I have never read a book with such a unique concept: a fallen angel trying to earn his way back. I found Patch to be the James Dean of fallen angels. I was drawn to his story and really wanted to know more about why he was on earth. Patch's bad boy antics attracts good girl, Nora. His mysterious pull is just too hard for her to resist. I liked how the plot moved at a thrilling pace which made it difficult to put down. I really liked the chemistry between Patch and Nora.

Although I really liked the book, my one criticism is that it is difficult to believe that Nora's mother would leave her alone so much after the death of her father, especially in a farmhouse that is so isolated. Granted, Nora's mother constantly makes Nora check in with her, but what would she be able to do so far away? Even though this part of the story was a little far-fetched, I would still recommend reading this book. I felt very connected with the characters and found myself wanting to know more about them. The sequel, Cresendo, is coming in the fall and I can't wait to see more of Patch (and Nora)!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Books We Love!