Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Review: Living Dead Girl

Title: Living Dead Girl
Author: Elizabeth Scott

From Shelfari, "Once upon a time, I was a little girl who disappeared. Once upon a time, my name was not Alice. Once upon a time, I didn't know how lucky I was. When Alice was ten, Ray took her away from her family, her friends -- her life. She learned to give up all power, to endure all pain. She waited for the nightmare to be over. Now Alice is fifteen and Ray still has her, but he speaks more and more of her death. He does not know it is what she longs for. She does not know he has something more terrifying than death in mind for her. This is Alice's story. It is one you have never heard, and one you will never, ever forget."


I've read and liked many of Elizabeth Scott's previous novels and so I was anxious to pick this one up as well.  However, this is a whole different fare compared to her previous reads.  While most of her other books are light-hearted and easy to read, this one was disturbingly intense.  Although this book could probably be read in one setting, I actually found myself putting it down so I could process all of the emotions I was feeling while reading.  The story itself was so believably real that it often left me emotionally spent.  Elizabeth Scott is a master storyteller and deserves high praise for her writing ability.  Her portrayal of the character of Alice was heart-breaking.  This is a compelling book that deserves to be read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Books We Love!